10 Comments

1. Karen Mostowy
    July 17, 2013 @ 11:13 am

I would adopt sweet Rosie in a heartbeat if I didn’t already have a lame Aussie and a jealous, unsociable cat. I hope this beautiful dog finds a good and loving home for the care she deserves soon.

• Katie
      July 17, 2013 @ 6:28 pm

Terrific news – it looks like Rosie just got an application in today! Hopefully her long wait for a loving home is over.

2. Crystal Landry
    July 17, 2013 @ 4:01 pm

My family and I were lucky enough to spend nine great years with a 120lb rottie X, and he was the gentlest, smartest dog I’ve met. The breed in no way deserves a bad reputation.

• Katie
      July 17, 2013 @ 6:26 pm

Thanks Crystal! I wish there were more people that have been exposed like you have.

3. Karen Mostowy
    July 17, 2013 @ 6:54 pm

So glad for the good news.

• Katie
      July 18, 2013 @ 3:04 pm

Unfortunately we just found out today that the home just wasn’t a good fit 🙁

• Karen Mostowy
        July 18, 2013 @ 8:01 pm

For some reason Rosie is pulling at my heart. My heart so desperately wants to come and see her but my head knows it is not feasible. My house is a small bungalow and already home to a dog, cat, turtle, fish, rat and an old gerbil. I do have a decent size backyard but I don’t believe in a pet living outdoors. Even though Rosie didn’t get adopted, I am so glad you checked things out first. I’d hate to see her somewhere that she’d end up neglected. Kisses and hugs to Rosie.

• Katie
          July 21, 2013 @ 12:56 pm

I agree with you about pets living outdoors. It usually works out that the people who’d step up to help out are the ones who’ve done it so many times in the past that they just honestly can’t because their houses are now full. If you want to help out in a different way, then why not visit NFHS and play with her? We’ve done that twice now and it’s let her hang out in the shade, take in some fresh air, and enjoy some belly rubs. The shelter loves visitors, even if they aren’t intending on adopting.

• Karen Mostowy
            July 21, 2013 @ 2:28 pm

Sounds like a plan. I will come out to see her one day this week.

• Katie
            July 22, 2013 @ 12:41 pm

Excellent! I know she’ll love it!